Every B2B SaaS company must be able to communicate to every employee on the Revenue Team (sales or marketing or customer success) the following:
- Who – who is the ideal type of buyer – or what is called the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)?
- Your targeted Ideal Company Profile (size, type, etc.)
- Your targeted Buyer Persona (title & role of the ideal buyer persona, their profile, preferences, challenges they face, etc)
- How does your ICP make decisions? (who is typically involved, what is the process, etc.)
- Buyer Challenges
- What are the Challenges (problems, pain points, and specific needs/requirements to solve) that the ICP has?
- Solution Messaging / UVP – how does your product solve these Challenges?
- What is your Value Proposition?
- What is Unique about it? i.e. the UVP – Unique Value Proposition
- How does your product solve the challenges of your Buyer Persona?
- What’s Your Edge?
- What is the edge you have over your competition?
- What’s the edge that gives you the “moat” or your X-factor that allows you to perform better?
What else? What are some other thoughts on this?
Original is posted at Revenue-Inc.com: The 4 Things You Must Nail Down To Scale Your SaaS Sales.